Leading Change That Changes The Future
The Bridge of Southern New Mexico is guided by a very clear mission and vision, as well as achievable and measurable goals and strategic objectives. And we succeed because of the innovative and powerful group of public and private sector leaders who comprise our board of directors.
To facilitate collaboration and leverage resources between public and private sectors to support educational excellence and optimize the workforce in Doña Ana County and the region.
To create a culture of opportunity and employability that drives student academic and economic success, cultivates a vibrant business community, and transforms the economy of the region.
Support efforts that lead to annual increases in graduation/completion rates for high school, community college, and university students
Align career and technical education opportunities with the current and future needs of business and industry to build a strong, competitive 21st Century workforce.
Establish Doña Ana County as New Mexico’s premier “ecosystem of academic and economic opportunity” for New Mexico’s True Talent
- Prioritize education and workforce pathways to middle- and high-skilled careers to increase the earning power of our people
- Advance asset-based narratives, data-driven best practices, and community awareness of the rich “ecosystem of opportunity” that exists in Doña Ana County to build, keep, and attract the top talent in the state
Cultivate a countywide PK-14/16 education continuum
- Construct and align a diverse set of seamless pathways for students from K-12 to college to career built on multiple models for early access to college and college completion
- Increase the STEAM-H proficiency of youth and adults community-wide
Support a thriving and growing business community with strong pools of well-qualified local talent and optimal alignment of workforce investments
- Harness and direct the community’s collective assets in education and workforce development to support talent pools for existing and new businesses in middle- and higher-skilled industries:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Transportation & Logistics
- Digital Media
- Increase business voice and direct involvement in cultivation and recruitment of well- and highly-qualified workforce talent
Leverage influence and voice statewide to inform smart policy and effective practice
- Ensure sustainability of proven models by integrating our work into local, state, and federal policy
- Optimize investment of federal, state, and local funds to support business retention, growth, and attraction in key industries